Workshops for professionals and symposia
Workshops are regularly offered on historical treatment methods and current practices for example related to the lining of paintings, surface cleaning and varnish removal from painted surfaces, or re-joining of panel paintings. Some of these workshops are at times organised in collaboration with Restauratoren Nederland in order to offer further training to professionals in the field.
SRAL further organises a variety of symposia and conferences in Maastricht. In general these are open to conservators, art-curators and other heritage professionals. Because of the international character, the symposia etc. are often held in English. In some cases, these workshops relate to the curriculum of the Conservation and Restoration training course of the University of Amsterdam.
For further information see news, registration form available at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sara Mateu Framing Techniques and Microclimate Enclosures for Panel Paintings 19-23 February 2018
- Workshop: Modern Resins for Varnishing and Retouching, Jill Whitten, Robert Proctor & René de la Rie 19th - 21st March 2018
- Dr Lydia Beerkens SRAL Modern Art Conservation in Practice: Different Ways of Decision-Making for the Conservation of Modern and Contemporary Art 4-6 April 2018
- Demonstration Day Spectral Imaging : XPECAM platform by XPECTRALTEK, Antonio Cardoso, 20th April 2018
- Gwendoline R. Fife SRAL Solvents and Paint Films - the practical ramifications 23-25 April 2018
Dr Antonio Cosentino CHSOS Practical Methods for Art Examination 24-26 January 2018
Seminar: Modern Art Conservation in practice: different ways of decision-making for the conservation of modern and contemporary art by Lydia Beerkens, 3rd - 5th May at SRAL studios
Conference on Vandalism & Art, June 8-9 2017, Maastricht, The Netherlands